This environmental remediation work consisted of the forming, sealing and packing of shafts and galleries, the construction of drains, treatment of sewage from the mine and revegetation, as reflected by:
- Modification of the forming in order to reduce the sealing and containment area of the silt dam;
- Sealing and packing of shafts and galleries;
- Construction of surface and floor drains;
- Construction of enclosures in industrial buildings;
- Treatment of mine drainage water;
This contract was awarded to the consortium Ricobra Construções, Lda / Sousa Resende & Robrigues II Construções e Obras Públicas, SA for € 198,350.11 and had a duration of 180 days.
The investment made was co-financed by the Northern Regional Operational Programme under the Third Community Support Framework and enabled the creation of general conditions of safety, given the proximity of this mining area to a residential area, and the attenuation or reversal of environmental damage and also the mitigation of impacts of a visual and landscape-related nature.