The environmental remediation works of this former mining area consisted of the following main activities:
- In situ forming of the spoil heap;
- Forming and stabilization of the pit slopes with construction of a safety platform;
- Creation of drainage systems;
- Creation of a humid zone;
- Landscaping and erection of fencing around the entire boundary of the area.
This contract was awarded to the consortium Tecnovia – Sociedade de Empreitadas, SA / LTO – Lavouras e Terraplenagens do Oeste, Lda. for € 350,234.74 and had a duration of 120 days.
The investments made were co-financed by the Environment Operational Programme (POA) under the Third Community Support Framework, and allowed the environmental liabilities resulting from mining at this location to be resolved, bringing benefits to local populations through the improvement of current conditions and use of the areas reclaimed for other ends.