The services to be carried out consist of the following main activities:
- Filling of one of the existing pits in the mining area of Castelejo with materials from the surrounding spoil heaps, including confined disposal of materials from other mining areas;
- Earthmoving consisting essentially of loading, transport, spreading and compacting inside the pit. The total volume of material to be transported to the confined disposal site to be created inside the pit is around 350,000 cubic metres, plus approximately 90,000 cubic metres of other materials from the remaining mining areas;
- Confinement of the disposal site after moisture proofing, sealing and restoration of the landscape;
- Maintenance of the water surface in the second pit, at the south end, and recovery of the landscape across the entire area;
- Construction of fishing and observation platforms.
The investment is co-financed by the Cohesion Fund and will allow the environmental liabilities resulting from mining at this location to be resolved, bringing benefits to local populations through the improvement of current conditions and use of the areas reclaimed for other ends.