This environmental remediation work consisted of the following main activities:
- Demolition and removal of debris from old buildings and structures to spoil heap B;
- Removal of spoil heaps and material from cleaning areas to spoil heap B (local dump);
- Drainage and containment of the local dump;
- Forming and landscaping of areas subjected to removal of spoil heaps and drainage;
- Capping and enclosure of mine shafts, ditches and galleries resulting from the mining or prospection activities.
This contract was awarded to MT3 – Engenharia e Obras, Lda for € 463,897.71 and had a duration of 180 days.
The investment made was co-financed by the Operational Programme for Territorial Enhancement under the NSRF, and allowed the environmental liabilities resulting from mining at this location to be resolved, bringing benefits to local populations through the improvement of current conditions and use of the areas reclaimed for other ends.